The practice has existed since approximately 1910 and its surgery base has been on several sites including:
- Townhead (near the hairdressers) 1920 – 1930s
- Dean House in Lenzie (beside Lenzie Union church) 1940 – 1950s
- Cowgate (where the Clydesdale Bank is (upstairs))1950s
- 18 Union Street, Kirkintilloch 1962
In 1973 the original surgery was expanded with the addition of 2 new consulting rooms, and a nurse treatment room.
Further premises expansion took place in 1985, with completion of 4 more consulting rooms, and a staff room for the doctors, freeing up space for a second waiting room particularly for nurse appointments.
A portacabin with 2 rooms was added in the early 1990s, with a room for the practice manager, and one extra for consulting, and in 1998 a major refurbishment was undertaken to improve the internal layout
When the building was erected at 18 Union Street, it initially had 3 doctors and a secretary, serving a population of 11,000 patients. By 1968, the number of doctors had expanded to 5, consultations were by appointment, and staff had increased to 1 full time, and 3 part time receptionists. By the early 70s the number of partners had increased to 7.
In the mid 1960s the practice became involved in the training of young General Practitioners, and in the 70s through to the early 1990s there were even two trainees. More recently, the practice has expanded its training work to include first and third year students from Glasgow University.
During the late 1970s and early 1980s the employed staff expanded, and attached staff started working more closely with the practice team. These included 2 district nurses, 3 health visitors, a geriatric visitor, and community psychiatric nurse.
In the early 1980s the practice was one of the first in Glasgow to use a computer system to support the administration of the practice, especially for prescriptions, using Sinclair PC initially. This has now expanded to a 24 PC network, with dedicated staff employed to undertake data management.
After an 18 month period of temporary accommodation we returned to 18 Union St in March 2008, to our new purpose built three storey facility.This has been a significant new phase in the history of the practice and has allowed many new and exciting service developments.